Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

questions

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

gabrielefx

questions

Post by gabrielefx » 02 Jun 2013, 22:31

how to select many rows in the hierarchy window? Does exist a window selection?
ctrl+q ( select all siblings)

Is it possible to output two screens with different resolutions? For example: 1st screen 1920x1080, 2nd screen 3840x2160
everything is possible...

How to get better antialiasing? For thin geometries with best settings I see jaggies
use a blur...

Does Ventuz support the TXAA?
not yet afaik

How to achieve geometry corrected reflections? For me the only method that works is the up side down geometry, the target texture method doesn't generate the correct perspective.
write a shader

How to use the bump map shader within a reflection map? Is not possible to stack several shaders?
in HLSL everything is possible (almost ;) )

What about Ventuz 4 shaders?
theres a third party package from GT i can recommend to everyone. Additionally ther will be the known V- Shaders.

How is possible to change the transparency order without change the position in the hierarchy?
Render pass node

Is it possible to change the toolbox tabs order?
:shock: - well as soon as you advance in your Ventuz skills you wont use the toolbox anyways - advanced users use the spacebar and search their nodes by name (can be cahnged in the options)

How to clone a node in the content window without ctrl+c ctrl+v? no mouse shortcuts? does not exist a duplicate command (ctrl+d)?
clone? copy? rightclick+drag

How to batch rename a bunch of nodes?
click each individually - or delete all but one and copy again.

How to move a hierarchy (with hierarchy containers) into another hierarchy container without loose the binds?
click first node and select merge into container- then copy paste or move or whatever

If I shift+ctrl copy a hierarchy several times and I try to delete one of them all copies will be deleted. Why?
Because you created linked copies with that shortcut. Everything done to a single one will be done to all others - technically it is the "same" nodes / geometry etc.

Is not possible to select one single node without press the ctrl key? I would like to invert the selection, ctrl+click select the entire tree, single click select one single node. I already know your answer but I would like to customize some commands.
Since you know the answer... :D

How to advance (navigate) to the next state or keyframe in the timeline? manually? left-right keyboard arrows for keyframes up-down keyboard arrows for states would be nice.
next state : your set method- since the states and their order are heavily customizable and often not linear theres no shortcut for that. next keyframe : not implemented. - try working with nested animations anyways

Shift dragging the playhead bar the timeline interface disappear, why?
Because its a tricky rogue! - sry I dont know what you mean :)

In edit mode why I have to set the render point to move freely the camera? In most cases I see all black because lights stay in another tree.
set the render point at the start of your hierachy - including light...

Thank you for your answers.
you' re welcome
Cheers, Oliver

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: questions

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 03 Jun 2013, 13:47

The answer to your question "Shift dragging the playhead bar the timeline interface disappear, why?"
That is on purpose. If you scrub through the timeline normally, the editor has to update, etc etc and your animation might stutter a bit. If you press SHIFT while dragging the timeline marker the Animation Editor will not be drawn/updated and you have smoother playback. It is just an option for advanced users.

gabrielefx

Post by gabrielefx » 03 Jun 2013, 15:07

thanks for your precious answer but
ctrl+q select all siblings but if the siblings are 300 and I want to select the first 150 how can I do it? (this happens when I import very complex collada models)

I realized one project but I used the 2nd monitor (touch screen) to check it. My Ventuz interface is on my 1st monitor.
I exported the vpr project and I tested it on another pc with one single touch screen. Ventuz shows an error: Could not initialize render....specified adapter #1 invalid or not present.
How can I avoid this? Do I need to select adapter #0 before to export. Doesn't Ventuz recognize the available screen?

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer and I donno from where to start how programming HLSL shaders. I hope to see a more friendly use of shaders inside Ventuz 4 like you did with logics and nodes.
For sure I will buy the Glare shaders.

What are the V-Shaders?

The right click drag on the Content nodes for me opens a menu. If I want to copy a Mover node and I right click drag over it nothing happens. Does exist a video that shows how it works?

Regarding the "set render point" if I want to manipulate some geometries inside a complex model and I set the render point I see them black because the lights stay at the hierarchy start. How to change the default lights? Is it possible to add more?

Thanks as always

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 06 Jun 2013, 04:53

Is it possible to output two screens with different resolutions? For example: 1st screen 1920x1080, 2nd screen 3840x2160
everything is possible...
You meant that the vpr can run with two window(different content) ? main window and extend window ? I relllly have no idea how to make it,could u give some guide : D

thanks
allenH