Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Undo

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

gabrielefx

Undo

Post by gabrielefx » 27 May 2013, 20:53

How works the undo command in Ventuz?

I did several changes to the scene, I changed some textures...etc.
Then I wanted to undo the latest command...and boom...all the latest 30 changes were deleted....:)

Is not possible to add an undo history to the software?

Regards

chriss0212

Re: Undo

Post by chriss0212 » 27 May 2013, 21:52

hi gabriele

this is realy a big problem in ventuz 3. forget the undo function....and please disable undo in the ventuz settings!

strg+s is your friend!

greetz

christian

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: Undo

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 28 May 2013, 07:21

Undo works in the Hierarchy , The Text Editor and Script/Shader Editor.

If you Undo in the Hierarchy/Content Editor, Ventuz undos the last step in the Hierarchy only. Anything you did in the Content Editor between those steps will be undone as well. The Content Editor is basically disregarded by Undo in Ventuz. The larger your scenes the slower working in the Hierarchy gets. Undo basically saves all the changes you make each step and that requires more time if your scenes get larger. That's why experienced Ventuz users always deactivate Undo. Plus if you adapt the way you build and work in your scenes you won't need it anyway. I never missed it but then again, I have been working like this for 10 years now. (Yes, 10th anniversary of Ventuz since it's very first internal alpha production tool version is actually coming up).

The most important Undo I think is actually for the Property Editor. If you scrub through a value and you would like to revert to the original value press the right mouse button while still scrubbing. The property value will revert to the value before you started scrubbing.

By the way, PLEASE do not start a conversation or thread about wanting Undo in Ventuz like you know it from other software. Believe me if I say, we have been down that road before. :)