Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

database update

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

AHUPA

database update

Post by AHUPA » 22 May 2013, 00:00

Hi I'm new in Ventuz, I have in my project a access database connected to a slide in Ventuz, but as I have doubts is how I can make the data it shows me my database can be updated directly from Ventuz, ie if I change the name of a field in Ventuz this is reflected in actual access database (mdb).
cheers,

AHUPA

AHUPA

Re: database update

Post by AHUPA » 23 May 2013, 18:05

please,

somebody help me

AHUPA

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 24 May 2013, 09:24

Hi there

Welcome to the ventuz forum.
As far as I understood you get the database connection done in ventuz, did you? If yes the update of database from ventuz is common SQL syntax.
You can use an Query node and add an UPDATE command that should look like that
UPDATE table_name SET column1=value1,column2=value2, WHERE some_column=some_value;

Check the W3schools SQL classes for further information.

Regards Daniel

AHUPA

Post by AHUPA » 24 May 2013, 22:24

Thanks Daniel

But sorry, NOT ME EXPLAIN WELL, I HAVE MADE MY Query's AS BOTH CONNECTION ISSUE. My database and connects fine, but the problem I have is that I add a keyboard (text field input), I add scene event to start when you type something, with this only add data to the table but not the database. I do not want to add more data, I want to update an existing one in the DB. My query update its correct, run on the same data base. but the connection with Ventuz it´s my problem.

Cheers AHUPA

AHUPA

Post by AHUPA » 27 May 2013, 20:27

This is my connection and query's,

My database table and query displays the information I want, what I need is that information can be modified. I have included a TextField input and the scene of events (start the event with the update query), connect my texfield to replace chain and what it does is add the data, but do not select a specific text and replaces as Ventuz and my database. I don't know how this connection is all I need. I would appreciate your help.

Cheers,

AHUPA
Attachments
Capture.GIF

AHUPA

Post by AHUPA » 03 Jun 2013, 21:04

Please, somebody help me.

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 04 Jun 2013, 09:17

Hmm in the screenshot you attached the outgoing Query node is not connected to a DataBase node in that case there is no connection possible. The other thing I questioned myyself is what the SceneEvent is doing in between the TextfieldInput node.
I guess it triggers the execute command but what is written OnExecute? I can't see a binding from the outgoing string of the TextfieldInput node into the Query.

Cheers!