Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

internal midi routing

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

gabrielefx

internal midi routing

Post by gabrielefx » 21 May 2013, 20:05

Hi
I'm doing some experiments to remote Ventuz through the same machine and through ethernet.
I don't want to use another Ventuz copy, I prefer a simple interface with buttons and sliders.
I could use an iPad and several osc apps but in my case I need to use another slave pc with a large touch screen.
I downloaded some apps:
ip midi: http://www.nerds.de/en/ipmidi.html
it works ok with Emulator: http://www.smithsonmartin.com/emulator/
I installed on the remote touch pc the ipmidi plugin and Emulator (OUT).
On the master machine runs Ventuz with ipmidi installed (IN). This config works.

Then I tried to do the same in local on the master machine.
In this case I installed Bome Midi Translator to route the midi Emulator out to Ventuz midi in.
Ventuz can remote Emulator. I change the midi values in Ventuz and I get a feedback in Emulator.
The inverse process doesn't work. Ventuz doesn't accept midi IN routed data on the same machine.

I created the same routed config for Emulator using Bome and it works.

Regards

chriss0212

Re: internal midi routing

Post by chriss0212 » 22 May 2013, 04:52

if you have both apps running on the same pc...have you tried loopBe from nerds? i think loopbe1 should be enough as long as youndont send to fast.....otherwise loopbe will cut the signal becaus it thinks you have a loop! in loopbe30 you can disable the loop detection!

greetz

christian