Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

What is about the projection mapping?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

allen hyoga

What is about the projection mapping?

Post by allen hyoga » 03 May 2013, 04:42

Hi, I find some cool projection mapping case on youtube,like Dunlop Video Mapping(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4E5cOhdL0A) from Avgarde and porche launch from stereolize,which is very amazing.If I use ventuz to do this, what's kind of hardware do I need and some designing workflow ? Thank you for helping me to start this :P

any advice is welcomed : )

Regards
Allen

gabrielefx

Re: What is about the projection mapping?

Post by gabrielefx » 03 May 2013, 14:05

Oh my God!

impressive....

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 07 May 2013, 14:04

The only thing you need in order to do good projection mapping in 3D space really is to understand how cameras and projection works. The rest is all just making it look awesome and thinking up tricks. Ventuz approaches Projection Mapping backwards - because we already have the object in 3D.

The guys that did Dunlop are Robert (who is on the forum) from Avant-Garde in Toulouse. But you will see a number of the people on the board here having done excellent projection mapping projects.

I will be honest, to do 100% easy projection mapping, our toolset is not yet complete. You will see a number of things in V4 that will help a LOT, and then we will work on how to make it even easier. But the bottom line is for us to do 3D mapping is in many ways much easier than most tools, because we already handle all the distortion and warping in 3D space - we are a 3D tool! We also are realtime, so you can warp and change things on the fly - not having to re-render - meaning you can do things like move the object you are mapping onto. Time to get creative :)

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 09 May 2013, 08:04

Hi ErikB,
Thanks for your help and sharing, it sounds very nice for the update of Ventuz4 and hope to get it soon. :D