Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Camera Projection

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

bailsone

Camera Projection

Post by bailsone » 27 Jan 2012, 19:33

Hi i read a lot of Threads towards camera mapping in Ventuz. But cant find a solution to my problem what i want to do is project a Map on a surface and look at this
Projection from a different angle. So a second camera is necessary. In the mapping Methods there exsists an mapping method for camera Projection but i cant switch the angle out of
that perspective. Is it possible to Project with one Camera over a cube for example and look at this projected cube with a second camera. That would be amazing. Someone got
an Idea.

Robert

Re: Camera Projection

Post by Robert » 30 Jan 2012, 11:44

Hi,

I'm also interested by the answer.

For the moment, the way I found for that is to make the camera mapping in 3DS before importing the object.

Robert

Karol

Post by Karol » 02 Feb 2012, 10:06

Hi!

I think this can be only achieved with a shader. Use the HLSL node for such tasks.

Best Regards
Karol

bailsone

Post by bailsone » 10 Feb 2012, 02:48

Thanks a lot for your response karol. But i realy got no idea how to set up a custom shader :cry: for that problem
And there realy is no other way ??? when i apply a camera projected shader i feel so close to what i need but
cant get another camera view because ventuz is projecting from view camera only.

VincentT

Post by VincentT » 21 Feb 2013, 18:59

Hi

Really cool idea !!

If we could create virtual projectors in the space (with the specs of the real one)... Could be powerfull for all mapping stuffs.

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 22 Feb 2013, 14:27

hi

mmmhhhh...but you can place several cameras in your project and can place them on the physical projector position....this is how we do mapping since years!

greetz

christian

Chris

Post by Chris » 23 Feb 2013, 04:24

Hey hey! :)

It depends what your final outcome needs to be and what you want to map, but here's a quick solution you can play around with.....

I'm not sure what 3D package you are using for modeling (or if you are using one for that matter...hopefully you are ;) ) but I would build the model you want to map onto....... say a cube. Then position your cube in 3D space and project your UV's from the active camera (ie. perspective cam)

Export as an OBJ or DAE and now when you import into Ventuz and add a texture they will be mapped like they are being projected from a camera.
You can now view the cube with another camera ;)

As i said this is a very quick explanation but should get you on your way.

Hope this helps :)

Chris

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 25 Feb 2013, 10:59

Hoi,

our projection mapping workflow is severely lacking at the moment, without question. Doing the work in an external 3D tool and importing it with the mapped UVs is the way to go, currently, as described above.

However, this is one of the things we intend to look at once v4 is out the door, so if you have workflow ideas on how you want projection mapping to work, I'll be happy to hear about them (obviously, we will then go build something completely different, but it is useful to hear what people want and how they work)

-E

bailsone

Post by bailsone » 11 Apr 2014, 08:26

Hi i dont know if thats interesting anymore. But we achieved doing a Projection Shader with a Custom written HLSL Shader. This works okay, just for moving cameras the latency for calculation is a bit to high. But i saw those problems in other Software Solutions for Camera Projection too. Thanks a lot for the hint on HLSL Shaders this was the way.