Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

data in excel update

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

alfred

data in excel update

Post by alfred » 21 Mar 2013, 07:51

The data in the .vzp/.vza file can be updated after i changed the data of the linked excel. But the the data in .vpr file can't be updated after i change the data of the linked excel. Is it possible for me to do so?
I do the test with the file downloaded from Ventuz website.

Thx
alfred

alfred

Re: data in excel update

Post by alfred » 21 Mar 2013, 08:28

I have solved the problem, it is my mistake ;)

alfred

Oliver

Post by Oliver » 22 Mar 2013, 13:45

maybe you like to post your mistake here.
Everybody using the search will have an answer then :)

cheers

alfred

Post by alfred » 22 Mar 2013, 17:14

sorry for that :oops:
As creating a project file, if the excel is in the folder of data, the "reference" can't be checked, so the data in .vpr file can't be upgraded . But if I move the excel from the data folder to other folder, I can check the reference and the data in .vpr file can be upgraded .
that is my experience :D

alfred

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 25 Mar 2013, 10:22

Another solution would be to reference your files with an relative path. Therefore you need to use an URL node and set the Scheme to File.
Then you can reference files relative to your project file.
Check the UserManual for more info.

Cheers!

cogitator

Post by cogitator » 30 Mar 2016, 12:38

Sorry for picking up this old thread!

I have the same problem.
My excel-file "database.xlsx" is located in a Folder "Excel" in the Project Folder.
The File Name of the Excel Workbook node(AutoUpdate activated) is feeded by an URL Node (Path "./Excel/database.xlsx" Scheme "FILE").
Changes of the excel-file in the Designer are no problem. But if I export the Scene as a Presentation there is no reaction on changes in the excel-file. Even if I close the presentation make the changes in the excel-file and start the presentation again the changes are ignored.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers
David

cogitator

Post by cogitator » 31 Mar 2016, 17:26

I solved the problem.

I just had to export the presentation in the root of the project-folder. Otherwise the relative path crashed, when I exported into the "Presentations" folder.