Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Users Experiences of Learning Ventuz

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

toodark

Users Experiences of Learning Ventuz

Post by toodark » 15 Mar 2012, 21:46

Hi Everyone, Newbie just arrived!

As a new user to Ventuz, I though a topic based around user's experiences on the quickest / most productive ways of learning the software from the very start would useful, especially for me!

Obviously all the tutorials are great from both Ventuz and Sterolize, however what would people recommend based from their experiences of trying to learn the software from scratch.

Many thanks everyone,
Toodark.

ErikB

Re: Users Experiences of Learning Ventuz

Post by ErikB » 20 Mar 2012, 12:38

Most new users find a subtle blend of blood, sweat, tears and caffeine to be most effective :)

But, here is the most important tip:

Read the help. I know, we all hate doing that. But the help is good, and there is a LOT of information in there, especially for beginners. Don't just use the context sensitive help, but go in and look at the how-tos, at the introduction bits and the basic information. It will save you a lot of pain.

Second most important tip:

Set yourself a task. Just clicking around is going to drive you crazy. Find yourself something you want to achieve, either a widget or a logic or a cool effect. Then figure out how to do it. Then figure out how to do it with fewer nodes or faster or more reusable or more robust. That will teach you more than anything.

toodark

Re: Users Experiences of Learning Ventuz

Post by toodark » 22 Apr 2012, 11:04

Many thanks Erik!!