Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

how to play an audio of Surround 7.1 in Ventuz

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

Micheal Mikiy

how to play an audio of Surround 7.1 in Ventuz

Post by Micheal Mikiy » 14 Jan 2014, 08:50

Hi everybody
I need to use 8 different audio outputs,I bought several soundcards and install them.But i don't know how to set audio channels in Ventuz?

chriss0212

Re: how to play an audio of Surround 7.1 in Ventuz

Post by chriss0212 » 15 Jan 2014, 17:21

hi michael

as far as i know: this is not possible! you could use 4 seperate stereo file and trigger them all at once....and hope that they stay in sync ;)

greetz

christian

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: how to play an audio of Surround 7.1 in Ventuz

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 16 Jan 2014, 06:56

Could you specify a bit more? I don't fully understanding what you want to achieve.

Do you want to play back 7.1 audio from within Ventuz? And therefore the 8 channels? Or do you want to use the 3D Audio Positioning features of Ventuz to create 3D Sound and output that to a 7.1 system? Or do you have 8 independent mono channels on which you want to play specific mono/stereo files at the same time like Chriss was mentioning? You mentioned several soundcards. Do you plan on installing several sound cards in your system and use them at the same time? Is that your problem? Addressing the right sound card?

We use professional Deltacast and RME sound cards and used to address individual outputs. Mind you that was on Ventuz3. Haven't tried that yet with Ventuz4 but it should work as well. In the list of devices in the Ventuz Audio Nodes you actually have multiple Stereo Outputs of the Sound Cards listed. It is important that you have proper Windows drivers.