Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

DATABASE

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

MICABIM

DATABASE

Post by MICABIM » 14 May 2013, 18:38

Hello everyone,

I can connect the database Revit (access) in Ventuz, display all items in the database?, I mean, all existing tables in the database?
and DB algorithms can be modified from Ventuz and automatically change the real DB of the model.
Or needs a script, because I'm not a developer, I know nothing about this . If you can help with samples or examples with the scripts, I appreciated . Thanks.

Best Regards,

Mon

Oliver

Re: DATABASE

Post by Oliver » 15 May 2013, 09:52

hey Mon,

Ventuz works with common database like sql (read manual for more info).
You can do querys, non querys, concats etc...
There are nodes for it - no need of scripts.

Cheers
O

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 15 May 2013, 10:07

Using the build in Ventuz database nodes you will be able to connect to the Revit database but I am pretty sure that you cannot use the data. The .RFA files that make up your 2D or 3D elements of the architecture are stored in the RVT database file and all those files are unique to Revit as far as I know. So you will probably get a reference of some kind to the entries in the database but Ventuz cannot use the RFA files.

Could you elaborate on how you want to use the Revit files? Is it for the actual architectural visualization?

MICABIM

Post by MICABIM » 16 May 2013, 18:54

Thanks,

I check the manual for database, and I have a questions, where I can find any examples of this?

Revit files are 3D architectural models, each element is based on an element within the DB.

best regards,

MON

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 17 May 2013, 12:34

You cannot load the Revit models directly into Ventuz, no - they are in a proprietary format we cannot read (and is not open, AFAIK)

As Christian said, you can might be able get Ventuz to read metadata from the DB, but that is all.