Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Wacom Cintiq 22HD/24HD Touch...?

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

mrmacmusic

Wacom Cintiq 22HD/24HD Touch...?

Post by mrmacmusic » 06 May 2013, 21:26

Hopefully not a silly question, but I just wanted to check before spending someone else's money (!) that these multi-touch capable Wacom displays would be suitable for programming touch-based Ventuz projects..?

mrmacmusic

Re: Wacom Cintiq 22HD/24HD Touch...?

Post by mrmacmusic » 07 May 2013, 11:11

Thanks Alex – most useful, and much appreciated!

As you own a 24HD (non touch), you'll appreciate why I'm interested in (finally) getting one of the Cintiq displays – being able to use it not only for creative work, but also for programming Ventuz touch projects makes the high cost easier to swallow.... Of course, I'm not spending my own money here (which is nice), but that just means I'd like to be doubly sure that it will actually perform both roles! I've dropped a support email to Wacom, and I'll eagerly await their confirmation.

Can you perhaps also help with a related question? I'm just thinking generally about how we'd like to implement touch with Ventuz for the first time – we'd like to allow presenters to skip slides, pinch zoom, highlight etc.. using familiar touch and multi-touch gestures, but how would this actually work in a multi-projector setup? Assuming we were doing a standard 3-projector blended output to the main screen, I'm thinking there might be two ways to do this:

1) The video card output to centre projector is split such that it also goes to a touch monitor (wouldn't actually be a Cintiq)
2) Touch display is fed entirely separately from the main screen (i.e. 1+3 setup)

However, I might be completely wrong :? I guess the ideal setup is to in fact run a separate Ventuz show on a Windows Touch tablet device that sends multi-touch information to the Ventuz show..?

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 07 May 2013, 13:43

I have briefly tried the 24" Touch Cintiq and it seemed to work. While not exhaustive testing, and by no means 100% sure, everything that I did with it worked fine. But it does indeed only support windows touch, no TUIO

mrmacmusic

Post by mrmacmusic » 07 May 2013, 13:55

Thanks Eric – I've not had to investigate touch within Ventuz at all yet, but as it's the next thing the boss wants to implement, that's good to know! Presumably then I'd have no problems using a Cintiq to test programming of single or two-finger swipes and touch button presses? I don't think I'll need to do anything more advanced than that for now :oops: