Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

a processing batch script for 3dmax

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

allen hyoga

a processing batch script for 3dmax

Post by allen hyoga » 25 Apr 2013, 05:12

Hi.
Is there a plugin(script) to import many obj files into 3dMax at the same time?I meant the processing batch.
Now I have outputed many obj files from 3d software and I wanna import them into 3dMax together not one by one manully.

any advice is welcomed,thanks.
AllenH

chriss0212

Re: a processing batch script for 3dmax

Post by chriss0212 » 25 Apr 2013, 06:27

hi allen

afaik there is no batch import...but you could export all objects in one file and import them all in once?!

greetz

christian

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 25 Apr 2013, 07:14

Hi Chris,
I just create a model with an animation(a complex body animation) and need to export this to many objs in order to get every frame model.So it can't export a whole obj(one file).Generally,we cant import a model with complex animation to ventuz(always used DAE),so I use this way that a model series to achieve the model animaiton in ventuz.

So...any advice. : )

Regards
Allen

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 25 Apr 2013, 07:24

Unfortunately, I just find a plugin(script) which is to import many 3ds into 3dmax together, and it is packaging, i cannot look into the script content. :(

Allen
Attachments
ImportAll3ds.rar
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 348 times

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 25 Apr 2013, 13:35

i would say you need to bake your animation into one big obj file! on this way you can switch trough the subsets of your model and have accses to every frame!

greetz

christian

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 26 Apr 2013, 04:42

Yes,you are right,Chris.I used the baking method in my project always.However,we can not bake a complex animation to the obj, for example a paper roll to a cylinder,the shape of model is changed which is not a easy position animation(as you know this is a shortness of ventuz).So I gotta export every animation frame in order to get every different model(flat paper model,a curled paper model, a half cylinder model and so on, a model series as every frame of the animation).With those models,I compose them together as a whole model through importing one by one into 3dmax and group to export to one obj.Finally I can control the subset to drive the 'animaiton' in Ventuz.

so I need obj batch importing script :p

Regards
Allen

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 26 Apr 2013, 05:02

attachment
Attachments
max_method.jpg

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 26 Apr 2013, 09:21

hi allen...

take a look into this very old post ;)

http://forum-archive.ventuz.com/forums/ ... wPost.aspx

greetz

christian

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 28 Apr 2013, 07:33

:) I don't remember how many times I wrote that short tutorial over the years....

Chris

Post by Chris » 28 Apr 2013, 20:17

Hi Allen,

I've never seen a script that exports obj sequences for max, but why don't you simply contact a max script freelancer and ask him to build you a script. A small investment for a lifetime of exporting ;) plus you get custom choices for your needs ;)

Chris