Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How do you input informations in your prog ?

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

florian

How do you input informations in your prog ?

Post by florian » 03 Mar 2013, 18:11

Hey guys,

how do you input informations in your prog ?
1. External data proxy
2. Excel + nodes
3. XML + nodes
4. Network input like OSC
5. Anyother ?

Every time, i feel frustrated by Ventuz limitations in previous projects like :
- Tennis bracket live drawing lots
I needs to show First player infos, then Second player infos, then Match First player vs Second player, then Grand liste of all match
then Third player and Fourth player....

All were live, nothing stored, but no security... :(
player source : XLS
limitations : can't get a picked player out of the live selection

- Live videobackground
all in XLS
nothing flexible eg / switch of speakers, one take the place of another
(the only chance : have a network share on XLS :( )

Other limitations :
No general Configuration files, still need a XLS connexion to set things
No constant setup on projet

thanks for your feedbacks !!
Florian

chriss0212

Re: How do you input informations in your prog ?

Post by chriss0212 » 04 Mar 2013, 23:50

hi florian

to be ownest: i dont realy get your problem.

can you please describe a bit more what you like to do....what you have done....and whats the problem at the end?

at a first look there seems to be nothing what could be a big problem....if you like to use excel, xml or a text file

greetz

christian

SamTheSwede

Re: How do you input informations in your prog ?

Post by SamTheSwede » 05 Mar 2013, 08:59

Hi Florian!

Without getting into your specific problem, to be honest, getting data in- and out of Ventuz has for us been far easier than using any other broadcast graphicss system since you are able to set up almost any communication you want in a script node. You also have all the SQL-query nodes you can use if you have an SQL database.

The way I most commonly poplulate my templates with data is to have a script within the Ventuz scene extract the right information from a database before putting it on screen. Base parameters like TeamName, PlayerNo and Template are sent in either as a string over TCP or using the Ventuz .Net Remoting API

For database I can strongly recommend a free XML based database called BaseX which has a simple API that can easily be implemented withing a C# script node.

For a tennis application I would really put Player Info and Tournament data in a database so that you could easily create new games based on winners and the tournament setup. Also, make sure you have a way to add results from your scoring application to the database. Manually putting in set results in a tournament tree is a real hassle!

All the best!

// Sam