Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Questions about C# scripting

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

multimedial

Questions about C# scripting

Post by multimedial » 26 Feb 2013, 12:14

Hello there,

i am a new member on this board and have been working with Ventuz for more than a year now, creating a .NET Remoting software.

I was wondering in this context if there is any way to dynamically create ressources (=nodes) in a Ventuz scene entirely from scripting.

So for instance, can I create a cube node from scripting? If so, how?
And as a follow up question: how would I go about creating a material, shader and texture for the given cube?

What I am missing is some sort of scripting manual, a list or reference of commands one can use when scripting Ventuz in C#.

Ideally, I would like to be able to script everything in a Ventuz scene instead of going through the manual setup process - is this even possible?

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

multimedial

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: Questions about C# scripting

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 27 Feb 2013, 07:48

Hi!

Ventuz does not allow dynamic creation/destruction of scene elements. You have to prepare a set amount of nodes/objects in your scene and access/change those from the script.

The scripting in Ventuz is actual not so much scripting as actual full fledged .NET programming. The manual covers the basics of how you combine your custom code with the Ventuz scene. But the actual "scripting" is pure C# (or VB.NET if you like that sort of thing :)). So the scripting manual you are looking for is actually any book or online tutorial on C#.

Chris

multimedial

Re: Questions about C# scripting

Post by multimedial » 27 Feb 2013, 09:42

Hello Christian,

thank you for your answer. I am aware that it is full fledged .NET programming in Ventuz. The bit I was after was that it is not possible to create hierarchy or content nodes from scratch, which I regret a lot.

Yet apparently it seems to be possible to create new node types which can be distributed? If so, one could code functionality into a new node type, then use it as a building block for the scenes...

It seems to me that the part which cannot be done is especially the wiring, meaning piping the value of a given property into another one... right?