Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

mesh vertex

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

mofo7777

mesh vertex

Post by mofo7777 » 14 Feb 2013, 14:53

Hello.

I have some question about the process of loading mesh.

If i use a .X file without vertex normal information, it seems that Ventuz does not compute the normal. But if i load a .X file with vertex normal information, it seem's that the tangent and binormal are compute. Could you explain me the current Ventuz behaviour ?

In fact i would like to know what happens if i use a .dae file with normal, binormal and tangent. Does Ventuz keeps this vertex information or will it compute them ? And are this information accessible from there associated semantic of a shader ?

Thank you.

mofo7777

Re: mesh vertex

Post by mofo7777 » 14 Feb 2013, 18:41

Thank you.

Ok so perhaps i can use UV texture for my purpose. Because i could use TEXCOORD1, TEXCOORD2, etc...

Can i use float4 in collada file for UV (it seems to be possible) ?

Does Ventuz handle multitexture information when loading a collada file ?

if so, how many float are use (two, three or four) and can i retrieve this value in the shader on TEXCOORD1, etc... ?

mofo7777

Post by mofo7777 » 15 Feb 2013, 14:40

Thank you.

Would be very helpful, and in details :

- handle all UV stage with two, three or four float.
- handle binormal and tangent, and have the possibility at mesh loading to choose if Ventuz compute or load the values in the file.
- the choice of computing normal at mesh loading even if there are normals in the mesh.
- when Ventuz compute tangent and binormal, have the possiblity for this settings : partial edge threshold, normal edge threshold and singular point threshold (of course if you use a function such D3DXComputeTangentFrame).

mofo7777

Post by mofo7777 » 15 Feb 2013, 18:45

I forgot :

Could you add the possibility to read/write texture inside the Vertex Shader, and it would be perfect :D

mofo7777

Post by mofo7777 » 18 Feb 2013, 11:28

Hello.

In fact Ventuz compute normals from X-file, if they are not present.