Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Advice on Video Capture Cards

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

Delphi

Advice on Video Capture Cards

Post by Delphi » 16 Nov 2012, 00:17

Hi Ventuz Presentation Designers

Would any Ventuz Designers out there be in a position to kindly offer up some advice as to what type of video card they are using for the display of live video content in their Ventuz scenes. In the Ventuz Help it states that the DeltaCast
product range is the official Ventuz recommendation bet it also goes on to say that "Sources for live video can be e.g. Web Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, DVI and SDI Capture Cards and any other kind of input that can be connected to video input boards like the Blackmagic DeckLink video card". I would like to input just one live video stream of 1080p video into part of my Ventuz scene, would it be fair to say the DeltaCast - Delta hd video card could be the way to go. On the DeltaCast info PDF I downloaded they state that they have over 60 cards to choose from, but my requirements are I think quite minimal. I have read a lot of 'Bad Press' about Blackmagic products however, but if professional designers are working with these products successfully than that will be good enough for me. Thank you in advance for any help or pointers.

Delphi

Andre Bellmann

Re: Advice on Video Capture Cards

Post by Andre Bellmann » 19 Nov 2012, 14:26

Hey !
Recommendation for 1 x 1080p would be Deltacast HD-e-10 ! Don't forget to mention that you are using Ventuz when asking for a price at Deltacast !!! For sure Blackmagic is an alternative as well but not natively implemented. Ventuz 3 integration is working over directshow. Maybe some experience reports from users here about delay, performance, models ?!?!

Cheers
André

Delphi

Post by Delphi » 20 Nov 2012, 00:18

Hi Andre
Thank you for your reply, really appreciate it, your information and advice gives me a good starting point to build on.

Regards

Delphi

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 20 Nov 2012, 08:11

you should rely go to deltacast!

intensity hdmi input: never get a picture out of it
decklink hd extreme: works but ~5 frames delay! what is to much for serious productions...ok for vjing

greetz

christian

stephan

Post by stephan » 20 Nov 2012, 11:37

I tested several Blackmagic products in the past without success.
Fine cards for editing with premiere, aftereffects etc. but unusable inside Ventuz.
Forget it!

Stephan

Delphi

Post by Delphi » 20 Nov 2012, 12:50

Thank you Christian and Stephan for your advice, again very helpful indeed. Deltacast is obviously the way forward for me.

Thanks again,

Delphi

diezweiundvierzig

Post by diezweiundvierzig » 05 Dec 2012, 09:28

stephan wrote:I tested several Blackmagic products in the past without success.
Fine cards for editing with premiere, aftereffects etc. but unusable inside Ventuz.
Forget it!

Stephan
Hi Stephan (and all),

which Blackmagic Card have you tested? All of them? Some experiences with the DeckLink HD Extreme?

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 09 Dec 2012, 11:08

have you seen my post? if the delay is no problem....you can use it!

greetz

christian

stephan

Post by stephan » 11 Dec 2012, 19:13

Hi Delphi,
sorry for late reply.
I tested Decklink HD, HD extreme and Multibridge pro without success.
Stuttering Input video + delay.
Possibly the mainboard-hardware influences the behaviour (tested with supermicro and tyan boards).
greetings!
stephan