Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

about the CPU type

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

allen hyoga

about the CPU type

Post by allen hyoga » 08 Aug 2012, 04:48

What kind of cpu for Ventuz is the best and stable performance ?
I use the Intel core series(i7, 2600K) in my developing, however my client always set up a group of Intel dual xeon.so many logic node(timer, counter which is related to cpu clock) will work bad,including the animation line runs faster or slower either : (

Oliver

Re: about the CPU type

Post by Oliver » 10 Aug 2012, 16:30

Hey allen hyoga,

The V-Boxes are using the Intel Xeon w3550.
Since we use mostly V-Boxes here - this is the most "tested" CPU you can actually get.

cheers!

iotek

Post by iotek » 12 Aug 2012, 03:19

Hey,

So would you say that the Xeons are more stable than i7/i5 processors?
if yes, is it also to do with ECC memory being a better option?

cheers
chris

Oliver

Post by Oliver » 14 Aug 2012, 11:14

No,

the only thing I can say is that the Xeon is what we actually use. And surely this will change with technical progression.
I cannot tell if i5/i7 is more or less stable but i would GUESS that there should not be any difference - anyways its not specificly tested so dont nail me down on this. Same for ECC - not tested but might be useful.

What I can say is Ventuz benefits from a strong CPU as every programm does but this will mostly show up when decoding big- or lots of videos.

cheers!

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 15 Aug 2012, 08:58

We have only been working with I7 based systems shortly after they came out. We have several dozens of them and we never had a problem with them. The CPU is not the indicator for a stable system IMHO anyway. It is more the combination of parts that you combine. The mainboard seems to be the crucial factor. Use proper workstation-class motherboards, preferably from ASUS. We had sever problems with others. RAM does not need to be ECC. We never use it. But you need quality RAM that has been certified by the mainboard manufacturer for your specific board. Then you need to get a decent power supply, etc etc. It takes time to find and test a good combination of parts that form a really stable system you can trust. As it always has been: Cheap parts equal cheap system.

Oliver

Post by Oliver » 15 Aug 2012, 10:23

which btw gives me the perfect opportunity to make an advertisement for the V-BOXES from XI MACHINES

Check out the V-Boxes

this is what you get for best performance an stability

cheers!

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 15 Aug 2012, 10:49

Well played Oliver. Well played ... :)

Oliver

Post by Oliver » 15 Aug 2012, 11:38

:D