Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Graphics Card for Kiosk System

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

DaVince86

Graphics Card for Kiosk System

Post by DaVince86 » 26 Jul 2012, 14:29

Hi there,

I apologize profusely if this topic has already been covered, I've searched the forum with no success.

We're about to buy Ventuz Touch and one additional license to use with a kiosk system that we plan to rent out. Any suggestions for a mid-range graphics card that works well with Ventuz Touch? We're thinking about the Nvidia Quattro range. But some advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Vincent Grobler

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: Graphics Card for Kiosk System

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 29 Jul 2012, 07:16

Hi Vincent!

For a stand-alone kiosk touchscreen solution you do not have to buy a Quadro card. That would be a waste of money. Especially since the only cards that would make sense would be the Quadro 4000 or 5000 better yet. Anything below that is not recommended. Unless you have to use Genlock/HouseSync your cards to an external Syncgenerator and/or run them in a cluster which is filmed with cameras you should go with GeFore cards. At the moment I would go with a GeForce 670 which was just released. Hopefully it is available. Have a look at this comparison from nVidia themselves: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop ... erformance.

Chris