Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Workstation, Nvidia Quadro?

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

SamTheSwede

Workstation, Nvidia Quadro?

Post by SamTheSwede » 02 Jul 2012, 11:12

Hi all!

I am looking into a new workstation, mainly for work in Ventuz and Adobe CS6. For reasons of hardware acceleration within AE and PPRO, I need a Cuda-capable graphics card, but I have never worked with anything else than the ATI FirePro series when it comes to Ventuz.

I have my sights on a HP Z1 All-in-one system with a Q3000M 2GB board, which would do fine for the Adobe-stuff, but I don't know how that card works with Ventuz. Does anyone have any experience in using Nvidia Quadro cards, Q4000, Q3000 and the mobile ones Q4000M and Q3000M?

Best regards,

Sam

Karol

Re: Workstation, Nvidia Quadro?

Post by Karol » 03 Jul 2012, 12:42

Hi Sam,

we are using Quadro card here without any problems.
But I can't tell you anything about the performance of the mobile versions.
Just check some common graphics and games benchmarks on the web. That's is a good indicator for performance with Ventuz - but don't forget that Ventuz also benefits from a fast CPU.

Cheers
Karol

SamTheSwede

Post by SamTheSwede » 04 Jul 2012, 11:07

Ok, I will have to give it a test-run somewhere. This machine has a Intel Xeon E3-1280 3,5 GHz 8 MB onboard, so when it comes to CPU, I'm not really worried.

What about HLSL shaders, are they in any sense affected by the type of graphics card being used? (assuming we compare professional grade Nvidia cards with the equivalent ATI cards)

// Sam

pyrrr

Post by pyrrr » 04 Jul 2012, 14:12

I don't think that a Quadro Card is nessesary. I got two GTX580 for 1/4 of the Price of 1 respectable Quadrocard. If you want to Display many Wireframes Quadro should be quite faster. If i tell something wrong korrekt me please, because i got n experiences with quadro card on my ventuz workstation.

If you want to Use Other 3D Software like Max or C4D a Quadro can give you a nice boost during wireframe mode and GPU Rendering - if you got enough VRAM.